Position: Cloud Systems Administrator, Senior
TA0848 or TB0848, Grade 8
Chainbridge Solutions is a dynamic software development company that relies on cloud technologies to deliver high-quality applications. In support of this objective, we are seeking a Cloud Systems Administrator to join our growing team. As a Cloud Systems Administrator, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of our Microsoft Azure-based infrastructure used for software development activities on key Chainbridge Solutions projects.
The Cloud Systems Administrator will manage and monitor our Azure sites and services that make up our three-tier web applications. You will use containerization technologies such as Docker to deploy applications and manage a Jenkins server used to orchestrate deployments and security scanning. You will be responsible for documenting the infrastructure and support procedures; responding to incidents, requests, and outages; and monitoring cloud resource utilization and expenditures. You will also be encouraged to introduce efficiencies or new technology that will improve service or support. Finally, it is anticipated that you will also support AWS-based environments for specific projects that require it.
- Monitor site availability and performance, taking action to correct or improve performance as warranted.
- Provision and de-provision cloud accounts and services in response to approved changes.
- Manage our development and test sites and cloud service utilization related to compute, storage, network and security.
- Recommend site configuration changes that will reduce cost, improve efficiency, or increase performance in alignment with projected demand.
- Estimating cloud costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
- Creating (where appropriate) automation, to streamline the provisioning and de-provisioning processes.
- Leading certain data/service migration projects.
- Performing software upgrades, kernel patching, and miscellaneous patches.
- Performing periodic security and vulnerability scans on Chainbridge cloud resources or supported customer systems.
Required Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years’ experience providing system administration support; 2 years within an Azure environment
- Proven ability to design, develop, evaluate, and modify cloud systems and systems-oriented products
- Experience designing and developing software cloud solutions
- Experience supporting and developing software applications/operating systems
- Strong Windows Server skills
- US Citizen, willing and able to undergo a U.S. Government background investigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with software development, automated testing, or advanced scripting
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Strong Linux skills
Estimated Compensation Range
- Annual salary ranging from $94,420 to $104,911 depending upon experience level and employee location
- Health care benefits will be offered