Chainbridge Solutions, a recognized expert in the field of Federal personnel security, has an opening for a Personnel Security Assistant to support the personnel security office of a Federal government customer. This individual would be responsible for background investigation processing in a highly dynamic environment, working with candidates and external systems such as PIPS/CVS and e-QIP to process and help adjudicate subjects as part of this organization’s onboarding. The position supports remote work, or if preferred, work in our Fairfax, Virginia offices.
- Background investigation case processing
- Review federal position descriptions to identify adjudicative requirements for suitability and/or fitness determinations
- Provide analytical review of investigative information to determine if investigations are required of applicants
- Associates Degree, may be substituted with three (3) years of personnel security experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in supporting a personnel security program
- Demonstrated experience in background investigation case processing and adjudicative requirements for suitability and/or fitness determination positions, national security, and/or sensitive positions, to include an understanding of applicable public laws, executive orders, and OPM regulations.
- Knowledge of the Office of Personnel Management’s Automated Position Designation Tool, as established under 5 CFR 1400.
- Knowledge of the USCIS/DHS E-Verify System
- Experience in reviewing Federal position descriptions and application of position description information to Suitability and Fitness Determination Criteria as established in 5 CFR 731 and 5 CFR 1400, resulting in accurate Position Designation Risk Level determination recommendations.
- Previous access to, and working knowledge of, PIPS/CVS and Electronic Questionnaire for Investigative Processing (e-QIP) systems is required.
- Working knowledge of e-QIP and investigation requirements for OPM Tiered investigative products that are required for the scheduling of investigations.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify discrepancies and missing information for investigative forms (e.g. e-QIP Standard Forms 85P and 86, Standard Form 306, various investigative releases), and follow-up to resolve information gaps
- Demonstrate the ability to provide analytical review of investigative information to determine if investigations are required of applicants
- Ability to work independently and organize and prioritize duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Skill in utilizing work processing equipment/software, facsimile equipment, and financial/graphics/scheduling application programs in support of the customer and clients, and general office needs
- Operational knowledge of USAccess sponsoring process.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications