Chainbridge Solutions has an immediate opening for a Technical Writer supporting projects with our federal customers. The Technical Writer will plan, create, edit, and maintain technical documentation, training assets, and proposal materials across the company. This individual will manage deliverables for several software implementation projects as an integrated member of our scrum teams and assist in proposal efforts alongside business development staff. This role will function as a primary writer – responsible for deliverables of varying scope and complexity. Remote work available.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and customer deliverables.
- Participate in agile ceremonies to contribute to the grooming, estimation, and execution of requirements from a project documentation perspective.
- Acquire subject knowledge by engaging with project scrum teams (e.g., developers, testers, business analysts, project managers) and independently gather relevant research/reports.
- Write, rewrite, and/or edit technical documents including software and systems concepts and designs, system operations, testing, training, and user documentation.
- Write, rewrite, and/or edit proposal documents including technical response, past performance, and capability documentation.
- Plan, create, and edit videos for computer-based training and software demonstrations.
- Create and edit diagrams for technical documents (e.g. data, network, and workflow diagrams).
- Translate complex data and concepts into reader-friendly content.
- Maintain records, files, and electronic media and archiving of information for publications.
- Select or recommend use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publication objectives.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams)
- Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence)
- Workflow Diagramming (Visio or LucidChart)
- Image Capture (TechSmith SnagIt)
- Video Creation/Editing (Adobe Captivate or TechSmith Camtasia)
- Adobe Acrobat DC
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications.
- Experience in an agile environment as a Technical Writer or related role.
- 5 years’ experience creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
- Comfortable consulting/interviewing technical project staff and subject matter experts.
- Experience creating infographics to communicate workflow processes and abstract topics.
- Video creation/editing experience for software training and demonstrations.
- Excellent writing, editing, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously.
- Strong, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Facility with technology.
- Active Secret National Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
- Knowledge of data architecture/data standards.
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19