Chainbridge Solutions Inc. is seeking an Application Support Engineer who can support systems that we have deployed to production. The Application Support Engineer will work remotely or in our Fair Lakes, VA office and collaborate with members of our development team to resolve application issues related to availability, functionality, and error messages the user may have experienced while in our application. Our Application Support Engineer will also be responsible for assisting a Senior Engineer with server deployments and maintenance, helping to manage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments that we rely on in order to deliver quality applications to our customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor system availability through the use of system monitoring tools and alerts sent to a phone and email account. Monitor service desk inboxes for customer-reported issues and inquiries.
- Respond to customer inquiries and automated alerts in a timely manner. Record all inquiries in our ticketing system. Communicate with business analysts, product owners, and application developers to gain an understanding of our deployed applications and respond to customer communication accurately.
- Troubleshoot incidents promptly, applying basic troubleshooting techniques to each reported issue. Leverage test servers and attempt to replicate the reported issue; and use your understanding of application architecture to eliminate potential sources of failure.
- Deploy standard development and test environments in Chainbridge Solutions’ AWS environment. Perform quality checks on deployments once complete. Help establish and deploy to multiple environments supporting active development, prototyping, and sales activities.
- Maintain all AWS environments, ensuring that systems are properly patched and running when needed.
- Document support and maintenance procedures in our Confluence site so they can be leveraged by other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Technology troubleshooting experience, including application support working directly with end users
- Experience installing servers and working with AWS resources
- Familiarity with DevSecOps concepts; experience is a plus
- Demonstrated reliability and dependability
- Able to query databases using SQL
- Ability to manage tasks at various priority levels, and escalate issues quickly after initial attempts to resolve a problem have failed
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Position: Systems Administrator, Staff, Grade 7
PA0717 or PB0717