Chainbridge Solutions is a dynamic software development company that relies on cloud technologies to deliver high-quality applications. In support of this objective, we are seeking a Cloud Systems Administrator to join our growing team. As a Cloud Systems Administrator, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of our Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based infrastructure used for software development activities on all Chainbridge Solutions projects.
The Cloud Systems Administrator will design, manage and monitor EC2, RDS, and supporting AWS services that make up our three-tier web applications. You will use containerization technologies such as Docker to deploy applications and manage a Jenkins server used to orchestrate deployments and security scanning. You will be responsible for documenting the infrastructure and support procedures; responding to incidents, requests, and outages; and monitoring cloud resource utilization and expenditures. You will also be encouraged to introduce efficiencies or new technology that will support DevSecOps concepts that align with our development efforts.
- Proactively monitor all sites for multiple customers and internal Chainbridge Solutions applications. Respond to system alerts/notifications as needed.
- Work with customer infrastructure teams to design and build code promotion frameworks that securely deliver code.
- Work with application developers to optimize and automate development, test, automation, and integration instances. Create (where appropriate) automation, to streamline the provisioning and de-provisioning processes.
- Provision and de-provision cloud accounts and services in response to approved changes.
- Manage our development and test sites and cloud service utilization related to compute, storage, network and security.
- Recommend site configuration changes that will reduce cost, improve efficiency, or increase performance in alignment with projected demand.
- Estimating cloud costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
- Leading certain data/service migration projects.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years’ experience providing cloud system engineering support within an AWS environment
- AWS certifications, preferably at the Associate or higher level
- Proven ability to design, develop, evaluate, and modify cloud systems and systems-oriented products
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting software cloud solutions
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with Docker
- US Citizen, willing and able to undergo a U.S. Government background investigation
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with software development, automated testing, or advanced scripting.