Chainbridge Solutions Inc. is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join us as an Industrial Hygienist working at our client site at the Department of Energy (DOE) in their Germantown, MD office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and recognizing occupational and environmental safety and health hazards in the workplace, to include physical and chemical hazards. He or she will respond to emergency situations as required to provide industrial hygiene and safety expertise and guidance and support accident investigations as the need arises. Responsibilities will also include:
- Reviewing the customer’s existing industrial hygiene and safety documents.
- Writing safety and health guides and standard operating procedures.
- Conducting preliminary safety and health investigations in response to complaints and developing recommendations for remediation.
- Coordinating building area abatements as needed to ensure removal of any potentially hazardous conditions.
- Coordinating and overseeing air quality testing upon request and providing a report on the results.
- Writing work permits as needed for onsite contracted work at the Germantown-main facility
- H.S. diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in health and safety assessments and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience developing written procedures, standards, and guides.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with experience communicating directly with customers in high-pressure environments.
- US Citizenship