Chainbridge Solutions Inc. is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join us as a Space Designer working at our client site at the Department of Energy (DOE) in their downtown Washington DC office.
The successful candidate will coordinate all assigned projects related to space planning, design, alterations, and buildouts in DOE’s facilities within the National Capital Region. They will be responsible for supporting the complete lifecycle of building projects, including design, procurement, award, kickoff, execution and monitoring, inspection, and close-out. This individual will also serve as a key point of contact for stakeholders throughout DOE, presenting design alternatives before project approval and keeping them updated during project execution.
- Provide design alternatives, recommendations, and cost estimates.
- Update Customer and Space Planning Manager on all assigned projects.
- Use AutoCAD to develop professional space diagrams for engineering review. Review materials samples and provide complete design recommendations based on customer design standards or aesthetic direction.
- Work closely with government management to provide daily update on project progress, issues, and risks that may impact the overall success of a project.
- Develop project estimates based on existing contract costs and prior experience. Review contractor estimates for potential errors.
- Enter procurement requests into DOE’s procurement system. Monitor progress on each request in order to update schedule status or escalate problems.
- Identify project stakeholders, federal and contractor, and manage communications, reporting, and status updates. Establish routine meeting schedules where necessary to enable regular updating of project progress.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in facilities-related design.
- Skilled in AutoCAD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with experience communicating directly with customers in high-pressure environments.
- US Citizenship
Chainbridge Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire, train, promote and pay associates based on their job-related qualifications, ability and performance, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.