Chainbridge Solutions is seeking a System Administrator to join our growing team in Montgomery, Alabama. The System Administrator will be responsible for Solaris and Linux development and operational servers hosting Oracle databases, WebLogic, Oracle Service Bus, and OBIEE applications for a mission critical Air Force planning system. This individual will troubleshoot highly complex multi-tiered enterprise systems that encompass numerous applications and perform system monitoring using tools and automation including script building. The System Administrator will work closely with other core team members to resolve customer problems and proactively manage the services through patching, migration, and enhanced services.
- Write Unix scripts for system administration and applying Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNOs), and Security Technical Information Guides (STIGs).
- Act as a liaison between management and the customer in addressing Agile concepts, lessons learned, and opportunities for efficiency.
- Support fielding of production releases and the after-release ticket submissions for production installation problems.
- Work with end users in a support capacity, account management monitoring servers and applications, troubleshooting problems, capacity planning, script creation and patching of servers. and responding to Client Trouble Tickets.
- Support government testing and updating of relevant documentation.
- Support virtualized servers.
- Perform disaster recovery by repairing and recovering any hardware or software failures.
Required Basic Qualifications
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in system administration
- US citizenship and an active SECRET clearance (with ability to obtain SSBI)
- Security+ certification (or obtain a Security+ certification within six weeks of hire)
- Expertise in Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Working knowledge of Oracle database administration (DBA) tools and SQL commands as they pertain to relational database management systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work off-hours for weekend monitoring and patching tasks on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Ability to lead technical teams