Chainbridge Solutions is a dynamic software development company that relies on cloud technologies to deliver high-quality applications. In support of this objective, we are seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our growing team. As a Cloud Engineer, you will design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, infrastructure issues, or other technical concerns for a mission critical Air Force planning system. You will work with loosely defined requirements to design project experiments, build proofs of concept, conduct technical demonstrations, and/or present technical details to a variety of audiences. You will facilitate software engineering efforts and experimentation using DevSecOps Automation pipelines and Infrastructure as Code methodologies and tools, securing operational project applications, data, and code.
- Works with product owners to develop requirements, user stories, and designs for Cloud based applications using Agile Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing methods.
- Migrates a large logistics application from an on-prem environment to a cloud environment. Communicates with senior leadership on migration status and advises on best practices for managing the application in a cloud environment.
- Defines and recommends alternative solutions to management as potential courses of action that best meet the organization’s goals.
- Works with JIRA, Azure DevOps, or equivalent technologies to manage application software requirements, user stories, test cases, and test defects.
- Configures and utilizes cloud-native services to provision and manage infrastructure resources such as, but not limited to:
- IaC (Infrastructure as Code), including routine environment standups.
- CloudFormation or similar service that allows description and provisioning of all the infrastructure resources used within the GovCloud environment.
- Cloud Monitoring tools such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud Watch.
- EC2, EBS (Elastic Block Storage), Auto-scaling, S3 Storage, S3 Glacier Storage, and Simple notification servers or equivalent.
Required Basic Qualifications
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in cloud engineering, with two (2) or more years’ experience with DoD cloud environments (developing, deploying, and maintaining operational cloud environments).
- Experience supporting cloud environments, preferably DoD cloud migrations.
- Meets DoD 8570 certification requirements: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent.
- AWS or AZURE certification is required.
- DevSecOps tools
- Software configuration management tools
- Commercial Cloud (AWS or Azure) certification
- Cybersecurity experience
- Automated Testing experience
- Experience with UNIX operating systems such as Solaris or RHEL
- Experience with Ansible