Application Modernization Engineer
Cloud Engineer, Staff. TA0742 or TB0742, Grade 7
Chainbridge Solutions is a dynamic software development company that relies on cloud technologies to deliver high-quality applications. In support of this objective, we are seeking an Application Modernization Engineer to join our growing team. As an Application Modernization Engineer, you will be part of a team tasked with modernizing legacy applications using Microsoft Azure or Microsoft 365 tools for a Federal agency. You will work with loosely defined requirements to design and build proofs of concept, recommend potential solutions, and/or present technical details to a variety of audiences. You will support the migration of Microsoft Access data to modern, SQL Server-based solutions and facilitate software engineering efforts using DevSecOps Automation pipelines and Infrastructure as Code methodologies and tools, securing operational project applications, data, and code.
- Works with product owners to develop requirements, user stories, and designs for Cloud based applications.
- Migrates Microsoft Access data and applications to Azure, Microsoft 365, or ServiceNow services. Communicates with the Project Manager on migration status and advises on best practices for managing the application in a cloud environment.
- Defines and recommends alternative solutions to management as potential courses of action that best meet the organization’s goals.
- Works with JIRA to manage application software requirements, user stories, test cases, and test defects.
- As part of a scrum team, works with end users to define
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in application engineering, with two (2) or more years’ experience with DoD cloud environments (developing, deploying, and maintaining operational cloud environments).
- Experience supporting cloud environments, preferably DoD Azure and Microsoft 365 services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can meet DoD 8570 certification requirement for CompTIA Security+ or equivalent within 30 days of hire.
- Experience implementing Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 services.
- Experience developing .NET applications or working closely with .NET developers.
- DevSecOps tools
- Software configuration management tools
- Azure certification
- Cybersecurity experience
- Automated Testing experience
- Experience building complex applications using .NET